Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants

Monday, August 16, 2010

Jaroth the Goblin King

We went to play trivia at a local pub tonight. I felt more home tonight than I have since we've been here. We used to play trivia at least once a week in LaGrange. We didn't even come close to winning, but we did enjoy playing (btw, Jaroth the Goblin King was our team name for the night. 2 points for you if you know the reference).

Tomorrow I'll have my first full day of work at the Church where I'm going to start working out the plan for starting a college ministry. I'm so excited to start planning and designing and searching out God's will for GWU and The United Church.

Derek has an introductory interview today for an internship. He interviewed with the intern coordinator today and he'll be recommended to different department heads based on his skills and he'll have a second interview sometime soon. He's so ready to get this internship set up.

In other news, our new toilet is being installed right now (praise God!) and I am typing this post on my brand new netbook. It's so tiny and cute! I'm still getting used to the smaller keyboard, but it's going to be great for lugging around the city since it's only 2.5 lbs! This and the new Sharpie pens I bought made me super excited for school.

Thanks for all your support with the whole apartment issue. It's nice to have a place to vent to everyone I'd probably tell anyway without having to repeat it a million times.

Well, it's off to play with the new computer some more and think of a super awesome 2 word team name for trivia next week (there's a prize for the best one). Suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. that reference sounds familiar but it's a bit early for me to think straight! Audie says Labyrinth though, so i hope he counts for me getting a prize!! I'm glad that the apartment is getting better, and I hope that the landlords are at least understanding about this whole thing, maybe you could get to pay less rent for your trouble or something! But i totally understand the need to vent on the blog! Good luck at work!!

    ReplyDelete