Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Since I only teased you yesterday with a little snippet of the plan I thought I could go ahead and give you a few details on the whole, moving 10 hours away thing.
What we know:
- We are moving to Washington, DC.
- I'll go to seminary and get a Master's of Divinity with a focus on Urban Ministry.
- Our dogs will go with us.
- Derek will be doing this great internship program the first semester we are there, which will hopefully lead to great contacts for a job!
- I've already qualified for at least a 1/3 of tuition scholarship. We'll be going up in mid March for a Scholarship Competition so I can hopefully get more scholarships!
- We'll go up again at the end of June/beginning of July to find an apartment.
- We'll move right around the middle of August. (In my head it's planned for August 14th. We could try to move on the 13th, but that's Friday the 13th and even though I'm not normally supersticious I'd rather not chance that.)
- We have to save every single penny possible between now and then.
- In my head a lot of things are planned that could change completely.
- I am so excited about this I could burst.
What we don't know:
- Where we'll live.
- Where we'll work.
- Where we'll park (seriously, that's hard in DC).
- How much of our stuff we'll actualy be able to fit inside what is sure to be a teeny tiny apartment.
- If we'll like it ( I mean, I think we will, but there's no telling until we get there)
- Where we'll be able to find jobs.
- If we'll have friends (please God let us have friends!)
- If we'll decide to make it our permanent home.
And so many other things. My brain is constantly swimming with thoughts about this whole process. From big picture things to the smallest of details I think and rethink and think some more about this incredible, exciting, wonderul adventure that I get to go on with my favorite person in the whole world. And of course these two bundles of cute: