Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants

Friday, November 12, 2010

We're back!

I know what you're thinking... this is another "OMG I haven't posted in so long and I'm so sorry but I'm going to be the best blogger ever now!" post again. Nope. Well, it can be that too I guess, but I think we all know that I'm a remedial blogger at best. I'm okay with that. Let's move on.

What I actually mean is, we're back to Georiga. For good. Long story short - we had some family emergencies and re-examined our priorities and realized that we needed to be much closer to our families pretty much immediately. So that's what we did. After rushing down when Derek's little brother got put in the hospital we drove back to DC, packed up all our stuff, and were back in GA in a matter of 3 days.

I can't say that we miss it. We wanted a big adventure, and we wanted to feel like we were really doing something with our lives. We're over that now. I know we would have always wondered "what if" if we hadn't moved to DC, but we'll never have to wonder that again. We hated taking an hour to an hour and a half to get absolutely anywhere. We hated how expensive everything was. We hated that nothing was convenient. There were great things about the city, but we didn't get to experience most of them because of where we lived. I spent 3+ hours a day in my car. I never drove further than 16 miles in a day. It was frustrating.

We're getting settled in here. We got a new house that we L-O-V-E! I'm working back at the college, but in a different position than before, and Derek is still interviewing for several jobs. It definitely feels like home though.

Our whole perspective changed throughout all of this so we're definitely glad we had this whole experience. We're so glad to be back near the people we love and we can't wait for what's in store for us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment