Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Imminent

Friday morning we will load everything we own into a U-Haul trailer. By Friday evening we'll be more than half way to our new home. Dogs in tow, Derek, my mom, my step-dad and I will start the drive that starts the new chapter in our lives.

This whole thing is a little hard to process. I'm excited, but I'm also so nervous. I'm a little scared. I am very anxious. On one hand, I get to do so many things I've always wanted to. I get to live in a city with a million things to do and see! I get to ride the Metro everyday. I get to live in a city that is full of cultural diversity. I get to go back to school and get a Master's degree. But I'll also be 12 hours away from everything and everyone that I'm familiar with. I'll probably get lost a lot. I'm scared we won't have any friends.

The next few days will be an emotional roller coaster for me. My natural instinct is to avoid situations like this. Normally, I just wouldn't think about the fact that this is the last time I'll see some people for quite some time. But I want to remember this. I want people to know how much I love and appreciate them. I'm not good at letting people know those things but I'm trying to be conscious of it this time.

So, if I haven't told you already, I'll miss you and I love you and I hope we keep in touch. Visit me. I want people to visit. Unless I don't know you and you're some stranger who reads my blog, in which case thank you for reading but please don't come to my house :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to keep up with what is going on with yall. I know that this is going to be a wonderful adventure for the both of you. Love to both of you.

    Aunt Beck

    ReplyDelete