Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I look?

Like the new look of my blog? I thought it would be nice to get in the Thanksgiving spirit. I feel like Thanksgiving is being taken over by Christmas already. Have you seen how many aisles of Christmas stuff Target already has? Of course, Thanksgiving doesn't require gifts, doesn't have pop music to go along with it, and there's nothing to carve or decorate or dress up as specfically for Thanksgiving so I guess it's not very beneficial for stores to promote it all that much.

Thanksgiving might just be my favorite holiday. I love to eat. And Thanksgiving is the time of year I can guarantee my favorite food will be abundant. Between now and Christmas, I will most likely eat my own body weight in dressing. Oh it's so delicious. But I also love that Thanksgiving doesn't have the same expectations that other holidays do. I know on Thanksgiving, I'll watch the Macy's parade, eat a lot and hang out with family and friends. I might take a nap, I might be forced to watch some football, but I'll definitely laugh. I love how full I feel on Thanksgiving - of joy, not just dressing. I think the best word for it is comfortable. So give thanks and enjoying being stuffed!

What's your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. Family. I have one of the best there is and I wish Thanksgiving came more than just once a year so I would remember to appreciate them more.

    ReplyDelete