Hockey Puck, Rattlesnake, Monkey Monkey Underpants

Monday, March 8, 2010

Trip # 1 (OMG I'M SO EXCITED!)

This weekend will include several firsts for us:
  1. Derek's first flight. Ever. I'm so stinking excited about it. I love flying! Which is weird, because I HATE heights, but flying doesn't scare me at all. I can't wait to see the expression on his face when we fly for the first time!
  2. Our first trip to DC together. It's actually Derek's first trip to DC at all. I've visited several times and (technically) lived there for 4 days. (Long story for another day). It's such an exciting and wonderful city and I'm just praying that Derek likes it as much as I think he will!
  3. Our first visit to my seminary! I've been before, many moons ago, when I was a junior in undergrad. They've made some changes and I can't wait to see what it looks like now and show Derek where I'll be every day for the next 3 years!

We're flying up early Friday morning and staying until Sunday evening for a Scholarship Competition. I'm really trying to focus on the fun travel part of it, and less on the "holy crap whatever happens this weekend will determine a lot about the future for us" part. No matter what happens, we're moving to DC in August. I'm starting seminary at Wesley in August. But it would be awesome if I could have a great scholarship while I'm there. It would let me breathe a little easier. Secretly I want to ask that you'll pray for me to win, but that's really wrong, so I'll just ask that you pray. A lot if you get the chance.

Whatever happens I know God is at work in me and in these plans so I'm not too scared, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a little naseuous if I think about it too much.

I'm planning to take plenty of photos (send me a text and remind me to do that every once and a while) to post on here when I get back. Also, I'll be updating on Twitter so feel free to follow me www.twitter.com/abaldridge !

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, good luck!! i want to come see you guys because you are so close but we have to see apartments, boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Amber! I'm so excited for the both of you and know you will do great this weekend. YAY yAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't realize you had a blog...OR, that you're going to Wesley! You know, I'm kinda close to DC. :o) It's a shame y'all are flying. We could meet at the Cracker Barrel off of our exit or something.

    My Seminary roomate is living in DC and working for World Vision, so I'm up there on occasion. We'll have to make lunch happen once you're all settled in. Love you, Amber, and SO excited for y'all. Oh! Also, if y'all need a place to stay to help break up a trip North or South, you're always welcome at our house! We're about 30 minutes South of Roanoke off of 81.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ginger! We're sooooo excited! We'll definitely have to find a way to meet up sometime!

    ReplyDelete